I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Saturday, February 14, 2015

I have collected vintage handbags, mostly from the 60's

for a while now. They are so elegant and pretty, I think. 

And although I do not want to sell clothing in my vintage shop, I have decided to start selling a few of  my handbags. 


I also have collected vintage costume jewelry for years and decided to combine both pieces, by embellishing the purses

with the pendants or broaches. I add small rhinestones and glass beads as well.  
It gave the handbags a whole new look..........don't you think?

Now some might say that I have ruined the "value" of these handbags.......and they might be right.
However, these bags have been in other shops for years......not being noticed.

And now they have a new look...........and maybe might get a new life.

This purse is pretty by itself..........

but with a lovely broach and glass beads........it looks alive again.
( I think)

This ordinary clutch........looks tired and unassuming......

but with a cluster of pearls and rhinestones........it is ready to accompany a dress.

I love pearls in vintage jewelry.........don't you?

I have a wonderful biscuit recipe on my cooking blog using buttermilk. 
These biscuits come out tall and delicious!
You can find this recipe by clicking on to the link



8 comments:

Cindy said...

I really like what you've done to the purses. Hope they sell well for you!

lil red hen said...

You are just SO clever! I don't carry a handbag anymore, but if I did, one of these would be great!

Sandra said...

The handbags look very pretty with your adding the jewelry and sparkle. I love them.

Wren said...

Wonderful idea!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I have collected vintage pins, some quite expensive and I love to wear them on hats and lapels. I'm not sure that I could carry a vintage handbag. I just can't get away from using shoulder bags.
xx, Carol

letslearnembroidery said...

I love anything vintage and those handbags look prettier after the makeover

Debra said...

Oh I think you've made the bags even 'more better', as my brother would say when we were little kids. Have you thought about submitting some of your repurposed purses to Haute Handbags magazine? I think you should!

A Colorful World said...

Love what you did with the vintage handbags! They are gorgeous now!