I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Monday, September 29, 2014

Come, little leaves, Said the wind one day;


Come to the meadows
With me and play.
Put on your dresses
Of red and gold;
For summer is past,
And the days grow cold.

Soon as the leaves
Heard the wind's loud call,
Down they came fluttering,
One and all.


Over the meadows
They danced and flew,
All singing the soft
Little songs they knew



Dancing and flying,
The leaves went along,
Til Winter called them
To end their sweet song.
Soon, fast asleep
In their earthy beds,
The snow lay a coverlet
O'er their heads.
Words by George Cooper



5 comments:

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Kathleen,

I know...so long...I'm like a stranger coming to visit. ♥ I haven't blogged a whole lot over the past few years. Seems that so many things unrelated to my creative life have taken priority.

I'm working towards returning to my blog as well as my Facebook. Are you on Facebook? Would love to have you come over for a visit when you have a moment.

We have already had lows in the mid 40's and the leaves are changing quickly. Farmers Almanac says we are in for another cold or colder winter than last year...which was extremely cold!

Love and Hugs,
Steph

papel1 said...

We are having the beginnings of Fall too and it sure is nice. Our drought ridden California finally had about 3/4 Inches of rain 2 days ago. It is great to have cooler evenings even though it is warming up again. That is OK as it will be cold soon enough
Judy

lil red hen said...

Sweet poem!! Lovely pictures!!

janice15 said...

O I love it so sweet poem.. Hope you are well dear I'm doing ok... Lovely photos as well thank you for sharing them. Happy Saturday with love Janice

A Colorful World said...

Your poem about fall goes right along with the three I posted on my last Willy Nilly Friday Five! Lovely post that celebrates the season! Love the shot of the leaf-decorated dog! :-)