I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lovely Hand Spun Thread

I received the most wonderful surprise in the mail the other day. Monica from Just Ducky blog http://justducky48.blogspot.com sent me some of her beautiful silk floss that she hand spun herself! Monica, thank you, thank you!!
I have recently had the opportunity to work with Monica's lovely thread and was thrilled at how durable it was and how beautiful it looked in stitches. This color is peach and she has a whole palate full of other beautiful colors that she is selling in her Etsy shop. So please stop by Monica's blog and tell her hello. You will just love visiting her.


4 comments:

LindaSue said...

What a lovely thread - looking forward to seeing how you use it! Hmm peach colored? A really beautiful iris flower? Maybe a lovely old fashioned woman's face under a bonnet or big hat the peach being her skin tone? So many possibilities

Paula said...

I'm with Linda Sue, Kathleen- I can't wait to see what you do with it! It certainly is a gorgeous color.

papel1 said...

Beautiful thread and I am sure your creations will be lovely.
Judy

Princess S said...

How pretty!!!! I bet you have lots of ideas for it. I can't wait to see them all.....did you use it for the butterfly?