I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Monica's handspun silk thread

Several days ago, I had visited Stephanie's blog, Queen Of Dreamsz, http://queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com/ please go visit this wonderful lady. She had posted about her friend Monica over at Just Ducky http://justducky48.blogspot.com/. Monica spins silk thread by hand. It is just beautifu!. Go visit Monica to see for yourself. I commented on Stephanie's blog about how pretty I thought Monica's thread was....a little bit later, Stephanie, sent me a beautiful skein of it! Thank you so much Stephanie.
I have emailed back and forth with Monica and she is busy spinning more beautiful colors and hopes to one day sell. I worked up a small design with this thread. I was so amazed at how strong it was. I used cotton fabric to stitch on and the thread never broke even with all of the tight stitches I made.
This is truly wonderful thread! I would choose this thread to work several projects with if it were available. So to Monica, at Just Ducky, you have done such a good job! Your thread is high quality! And Stephanie, atQueen of Dreamz, thank you for sharing this information about Monica's work with all of us! And thank you for sending me some to work with!



8 comments:

Linda said...

Silk thread is so beautiful and your design looks so pretty...I love the color she sent you...pretty, pretty.
I'm going to hop over to both of these blog. Happy stitching...hugs, Linda

LindaSue said...

Interesting isn't it that something we think of as delicate like silk - is so very strong. Beauiful design and I agree - the color is pretty.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Aren't blogging friends just the best! I am amazed at the generosity. Your design is beautiful, it must have been a pleasure to stitch with that beautiful silk thread. Twyla

Conni said...

Lovely design and stitching...

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Kathleen dear! Checking with you and wishing you wonderful blessings in the new year! Hugs, Maryjane

monica said...

Kathleen, your embroidery is beautiful! Thank you for the wonderful review and you are first in line when I get some for sale!

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hey Kathleen, The design is awesome...When I first saw it all I could think was "Crown of Thorns". Silk is by nature so strong and what Monica spins has proven that. I'm so tickled that Monica is spinning it in different colors!

Have a grand day,
Stephanie
Queen of Dreamsz

papel1 said...

Love the look of the hand made silk thread. Have a nice weekend.
Judy