I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Coming along......slowly







I have been working on a tablecloth for a friend of mine......since November? Has that much time already gotten past me? If I had not been lured away with spring fever, playing out in the mud, and on the computer as much as I have been, I would have made more progress. One thing I have made myself a goal for, is to finish this tablecloth within the next 6 weeks. I have a short side panel done, and the eyelet swirls done all the way around. Now I still have leaves and roses to finish. If I did not have to clean house, cook meals, and run errands, I could do nothing but stitch all day! So I am determined to be more disciplined and will probably not post here until the weekend is over. Although I need to say, with all of the rain we got last night, I will also do some much needed work outside.{: The photos above show the picots, roses and leaves. I can't wait to have this done and to hear how it looks on my friends table. So for all of you, dear friends, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I will catch up with you next week!

5 comments:

Paula said...

I'm the same way, Kathleen- I think "if only I had more time to sew"...but then I think, if I didn't spend so much time outside with the animals, or on the computer, I would have more time to sew!! Oh, well, discipline is NOT in my vocabulary...sigh...
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Linda said...

Hi Kathleen, this is going to be just beautiful. I know it will be a treasure your friend is going to love and enjoy. Linda

LindaSue said...

How absolutely beautiful! Your friend will be blessed over and over by each tiny delicate stitch.

Jane Smith said...

It is beautiful. I know your friend will love it. :D

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Thanks everyone.. hey, Jane, you know who this is for, don't you? bless you all, Kathleen