I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Monday, March 3, 2008

Country Roads


This is my favorite road. This road leads to our home and stretches for miles with only fields and ranch land on either side. Although it is paved, not many travel on it. This is where I walk with Sophie, talk with God, and marvel at what Mother Nature has to show. This is where my dreams are born and planned out and my worries walked off. It also has become a road that takes our children away to a busier, more exciting life and I hope one day will bring them back safely to us. It is filled with the sounds of distant cattle calling out, the coos of the morning dove and other wild birds gathering seed or supplies for their nests, and the late night serenade of the coyote. The peace that settles over this road and our home is priceless and I feel truly blessed and grateful.

5 comments:

Paula said...

I can't get over how flat it is there! I can't even see my own mailbox for the hills!
That sure looks like a beautiful place to go and talk things over with the Lord. Have a blessed day, Kathleen.

LindaSue said...

All kinds of possibilities with wide open sky and an open road. Our road is too heavily traveled now - gas drilling boom going on in Parker County - but I have fond memories of long walks in West Texas - my place near Midland was the source of many daydreams and reminiscences!

KaKi said...

Oh my! Your picture brought back soooo many memories!! It was looking out over a road like that from our front porch, that dh and I first dreamed of being at the church which we are currently pastoring. That was 10 years ago! Thanks for the memory this morning.

Anonymous said...

Hello Kathleen, I could be envious of the country road picture. Your words of sincerity are so poetic and touching. You are a good writer and we need to hear more from you. OK, let me back up a minute, it sounds like you don't need to add one more thing to you life! I do admire you and am going to keep coming back to your blog to watch your dreams come true!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments and friendship. I have so enjoyed using this blog as it has rewarded me with such wonderful people to meet. Bless you all! Kathleen