I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Friday, December 28, 2007

goodbye 2007!

Here it is, almost another year has gone by.. and so quickly! So much has happened in this year. So many wonderful memories made. One child has graduated and has started his life, and now another child will soon be going down the same path. My little family will be getting smaller it seems. I felt so blessed that all my children, my husband and I were all together for Christmas dinner. I know too soon , one day, not everyone will be able to join us. How I hope I am wrong, but it seems that not all of the world stops for the holidays. Christmas day is still a day of work for many. The Christmas tree has been taken down and the ornaments and holiday decorations have been packed away. I am ready to greet the new year, with new ideas, new projects, new goals, ... new hope. Not the usual I want to loose weight, I want to make more money, but for me, I want to be less judgemental, less vocal on my point of view,and more kinder, more gentler, more of a help to anyone in need. I plan to enjoy each day as if it were my last and to count my blessings, no matter how large or small. This is my new year's resolution.

No comments: